Thursday, October 15, 2009

will the big and bad be ugly also?

Fredom Jam cometh!

For those who don't know, freedom jam is Bangalore's little woodstock, or atleast it used to be until the authorities come down on us big time. But, the scene is picking up and all looks good.

Well, almost.

You see, Aditya was sick and in the hospital. All this while the papers went on about the number of deaths due to swine flu. Now, we ll know adi's no pig so we figured he'd l've tough it.

Freedom jam was the place i first saw a BIG stage. I mean, this thing was huge! You had no other purpose there but to look up at bands that came and belted out their tunes! At a small corner at the back of everyones heads was one thing and one thing only - HOW THE FUCK DO I GET UP THERE?!!

That question rang loud in my head, louder than "hmmm...how can i get high now?" and they were both answered by the very people who were up there, on that big stage! They got me high AND told me how to get up there. Now, I won't just tell you what they told me. No, that wouldn't be very ritualistic.

But, I've been in that crowd and I know what it feels like; this sunday I will be up there, hopefully. And when we do play, if these two questions do ring in your head, ask me.

In other news, the organizers were quite pleased about our band but wanted explanation for our genre. They wanted to know if psychedelic rock was just normal rock under the influence of psychedelics and if so would we be carrying any (sigh, take a deep breath, it still not over) and if so would we share it with them.

Talk about a band image.

But, quite a happy bunch they are so it was all a matter of humor. But, weirdly so, I don't have any definition for our genre. Psychedelic rock is classified as music made under the influence of, for the people under the influence of... Not the same in our case. But, hey! of our music is a treat to you while you're under the influence of, have a good trip and peace man!

No comments:

Post a Comment